Cooking Inspiration - Christmas Cocktails: 3 Drinks to Serve at Your Holiday Party
Christmas Cocktails: 3 Drinks to Serve at Your Holiday Party
It is that time of year again! What are the holidays without delicious cocktails by the fireplace? I have listed some cocktails for you to try that will definitely keep you feeling very merry.
Sriracha Honey Hot Toddy
Inspired by this recipe at Tablespoon
Makes two servings
This drink is sure to keep you warm on these cold nights. Enjoy this twist on a classic, with an extra kick.
- 1 cup whiskey
- 3 cups water
- 3 in. fresh ginger root pieces
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Chili Sauce
- Whisk honey, Lee Kum Kee Sriracha, and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the whiskey, water, and ginger pieces to a low simmer.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour this into the whiskey mixture, add lemon slices, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pour beverage into mugs and garnish with a thin ginger slice.
Inspired by this recipe at Epicurious
Makes one serving
This drink is an adaptation of the classic Brazilian cocktail made with cachaca. The cocktail substitutes kumquats for the limes and sweetens the drink with turbinado sugar. The soy-caramel adds a depth of sweet and salty.
For Soy-Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon raw sugar( such as turbinado or Demerara)
- 6 kumquats, cut in half widthwise and seeded
- ¼ cup cachaca
- 1 cup ice cubes
Make Soy-Caramel Sauce:
- Place the saucepan over moderately low heat. Mix together sugar and half cup of water until well blended. Heat until the sugar melts. Let the mixture simmer, uncovered, without stirring, until medium caramel color, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn syrup. Let cool for 3 minutes. Add in Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce. Cool completely.
- Pour ¼ teaspoon soy caramel sauce into the bottom of a 10 ounce glass. Set aside.
- Stir together lemon juice and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add kumquats and pound and press with a wooden spoon until the kumquats are crushed. Add cachaca and ice cubes and shake fiercely for 5 seconds.
- Pour into glass with soy-caramel sauce,
Inspired by this Recipe at Steve the Bartender
This delicious and creamy cocktail is a sweet blend of sesame seeds and macadamias.
- 40 mL Untold Spiced Rum
- 30 mL macadamia milk
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 5 mL Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 10 mL coconut cream
- 1 egg (white only)
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender with ice (half a cup).
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Transfer your cocktail into a fun, chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar.